"Are you trying to seduce me, is that what your trying to tell me?"
It didn't stop raining. Ugh. Let me tell you, my hair is naturally curly in some spots. Emphasis on SOME spots. The entire bottom row of hair closest to my neck is almost kinky curly (look, I have some kinky-stuff in my life! hehee) and when it is extremely humid out, it kinks up in this mess. As my father would say, I have kind hair...the KIND that grows on a goats ass. Bleh.
I didn't get to go to movies in the park this week, which was ok I suppose. I truly enjoyed the week boss free!! Woop woop! However, crisis was not averted at the job front. I'm not sure if I posted about this or not, but back in April our collector, Andy, left to go back home (Iowa). We hired this gal whom we all loved and couldn't wait to get started working with her. Well, her discontent has grown...and grown......and grown until finally this past week the crapola hit the fan. She walked. She did come back, but it was a terrible blow to all of us. We really like her and hate to see her go...but it's appears that it's going to happen regardless. That was Wednesday afternoon...she called out Thursday and Friday...she is here this morning----we'll see how it goes :) (fingers crossed). I'll post more about the why's and how's later.
Friday night, I went to my sister's friend Amy's house for some Cuban dinner and arts and crafts afterwards. My sister has gotten me involved with sculpting and painting and all that jazz. I really enjoyed it. I brought my pal James along (he needs to get out and be distracted just as much as I) and a good time was had by all. I hate sometimes that he has to drink in order to loosen up around folks he doesn't know...I'm hoping he will work that out. I don't like drining around strangers...unless I have to. I don't drink much as it is..at any rate, we all had such a good time--can't wait to do it again.
Church on Sunday was great. I'm not sure about the message (or at least how to work it in to my life) but I enjoy it. Basically I took from it that it wasn't enough to just show up for church and dress nice..kinda like a basketball game--just cause you show up, dressed up--doesn't mean you're in the game. Also, he talked about how you need to minister, or spread the word. I'm not much for that, I've always been of the mindset that you lead by example, ya know? Once again, there was a guest pastor..but he was great. He was from South Africa, by way of Austria...and now having thought more about it...I want to say he ministers now in Innsbrook? I dunno, he had such a fun accent, it was awesome.
On the dad front----he's retaining fluid like crazy. He's gained probably 10 pounds in the last two weeks and the doctor's visit last Monday confirmed that he's carrying around about 30-35 pounds of fluid weight. Unfortunatley, that is part of the disease (retaining fluids). They opted to change his diuretic medication first before going on to the next step---drawing it off. My best understanding of it is that they take this long long needle and put it in to his body cavity and literally draw the fluid off...It's surely not a fun procedure and my mom is hesitant for the do to it for fear that that will be the only way to get the fluid off in the future. He's still complaining of being tired all the time (understandably) and when his weight is up with the fluid, he feels bloated all the time. Imagine eating to the point of just feeling like you will pop..That is how he feels most of the time, without eating. When this happens, he eats even more like a bird. With the fluid off of him, I'm guessing he weighs somewhere around 240...the scale said 272 on Sunday (I believe). He seems to be holding his own though. I get frustrated because my mom is not pushing the proteins on him. I tried to explain that this is a vicious cycle ....he's tired, because of his health, but also because he is wasting (his muscles are dying)--so he needs to exercise, but he's too tired...because he's not exercising and not getting enough protein...so he needs to eat more, but he doesn't want to because he's retaining so much fluid...so he needs to exercise more, but he can't because his muscles are wasting..so he needs more protein.....you get the point. I told her, no begged her, to ask the doctor this week about getting him on Boost or Ensure. He has GOT TO GET SOME protein in his diet. There is just no other way....I keep telling her that if he goes on liket his, eventually he won't be able to work or walk for that matter. I feel like I'm giving her a guilt trip...I don't mean to, I just see what is down the road from this and I don't like it...Not one bit.
But then again, who does?
Bleh.

<< Home